Pumpkin Pie with Coconola on Top
A GrandyOats take on this fall classic!
- 6 Tbsp cold butter, sliced
- 1 1/4 cup Gluten Free Flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4-6 Tbsp ice cold water
- 2 3/4 cups pumpkin puree (about 22.5 ounces)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Prepare crust by combining gluten free flour and salt. Add sliced cold butter and work together. Make sure to not over mix.
- Add cold water, a little at a time until dough comes together. Once formed, lay on plastic wrap and work into a disc shape about ½ thick. Refrigerate for at least 40 min.
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- Add all the pie filling ingredients into a blender until it reached as smooth consistency. Adjust spices as needed. Let sit.
- Take out crust dough from the refrigerator and transfer to was paper. Place another piece of wax paper on top and use rolling pin to shape dough to fit your pie pan/dish. Once the dough reaches the correct size, remove the wax paper and transfer to your pie pan/dish, lightly pressing the dough into the form of the pan/dish
- Pour pie filling into the pie crust and spread evenly. Place uncovered in the oven for 55-65 minutes. When done, the crust should be golden brown and the filling will be slightly cracked and jiggly. . Remove from oven and let cool completely before loosely covering and transferring to the refrigerator to fully set for 4-6 hours, preferably overnight.
Top with Whipped Cream and Original Coconola for an extra crunch and added flavor!